Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Simple Woman’s Daybook – August 15th 2011

 

For today – August 15th 2011

Outside my window...  it’s already getting hot – bring on fall!

I am thankful for... the fact that school is back in session!!  And especially that Caty goes all day now – that AM kindergarten just wasn’t enough time – now she’s in school from 8:30-2:35

I am wearing... shorts and a t-shirt

I am creating... lots and lots of blog posts– have so much catching up to do.  I can now get to it with Caty being back at school

I am going to… start my part time job tomorrow – yes I said part time job.  I found a family at Caitlyn’s school that needs after-school care, so I’ll be watching a kindergartener and 2nd graders a few days a week. 

I am reading... nothing yet, haven’t decided which book to pick up from my pile of “to-read” books

I am hoping... that nothing is wrong with the house air conditioner – Scott said it was making funny noises last night.  :-(

I am hearing... Max and Ruby in the background – it’s helping keep Hanna entertained

A few plans for the rest of the week…  starting with the kids tomorrow, Wednesday is Caitlyn’s Back To School night, not much for me on Thursday but Scott has a tennis match that night, Friday night – heading out to the Wrangler to help a friend celebrate her birthday and to hear the CGB play, maybe some swimming this weekend at some friends house…that about sums it up.

A picture that I am sharing... Caty’s first day of 1st grade

024

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh...first grade!! How exciting! Just a couple more weeks and Seamus will be there too! Hope Caty had a great first day!

Post a Comment