Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Simple Woman’s Daybook – January 24th 2010

For today – January 24th 2011

Outside my window... it’s sunny and the birds are chirping; it’s even supposed to be about 60* this afternoon. 

I am thinking...  about the different blog posts that I still need to post, as if my posts from our San Diego trip weren’t enough to keep everyone busy for awhile.  :-)

I am thankful for... the fact that Hanna has FINALLY been sleeping through the night.  I know that I probably just jinxed myself but it’s something that I’m VERY thankful for.

I am wearing... Sweatshirt and pants

I am creating... a new picture insert for my photo coffee mug

I am going to… catch up on blog posts this morning after posting this. 

I am reading... Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult.

I am hoping...  that this nice weather continues, I think that it’s supposed to. 

I am hearing... Hanna playing with her kitchen and slurping “wawer” from her cup and saying “all gone.”

Around the house...  not much going on – the house is clean, laundry is done (well, the next load isn’t big enough to go in yet), Hanna is happily playing by herself.

One of my favorite things... is the spring like weather that we’ve been having the past week – I’m not a fan of the cold weather and am anxiously awaiting springtime!!

A few plans for the rest of the week…  nothing exciting today, Tuesday or Wednesday except for school.  Thursday afternoon I have a meeting with some of the other officers from our LPA chapter at a secret location to discuss with the owners of that location a fundraiser that I’m putting on for the chapter.  I’m so super excited about it and when you find out what it is, you’ll understand why I’m so excited!  Then on Saturday we have an officers meeting for our chapter, mainly to discuss hotel locations for our fall regional that we are hosting.  We’ve got two hotels that we’ve got to lay out the options for each and see where that brings up. 

A picture that I am sharing...

Caty and her gingerbread man – I found a kit at Michaels and we brought it down to San Diego with us.  Needless to say we brought it back home as well, unopened.  So we finally got around the making them.  Caty enjoyed decorating it but not eating it. 

 

001

2 comments:

Kim said...

I am so excited to see what you are planning! YAY! Love the picture of Caty bug!

Greene Family said...

I'm SO far behind on your blog, but I love catching up!
Yay for Hanna sleeping through the night again, and fingers crossed that you didn't jinx yourself!
I can't wait for spring time too! How nice to have 60* weather though in January!
Can't wait to hear about your fundraiser (I'm sure you've already posted)! :)
Caty is adorable with her gingerbread man!
Miss you guys!!

Post a Comment