Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Simple Woman’s Daybook – May 23rd 2011

For today – May 23rd 2011

Outside my window...  it’s sunny but quite breezy – not good for the allergies.

I am thankful for... my cup of coffee that I’m enjoying – Kim – in response to your comment last week  -I wish we could meet up for coffee too!  :-( 

I am wearing... my walking clothes – a sweatshirt and exercise capri’s

I am creating... not much – maybe a few more blog updates.

I am going to… consider walking over to school to get Caty – it’s a 4 mile walk –there and back.  We’ll see….

I am reading... “House Rules” by Jodi Picoult

I am hoping... to finish the above book before next Monday – because this is like the 3rd/4th week that I haven’t had to change that answer. 

I am hearing... Elmo’s World in the background – Hanna’s favorite show.

Around the house...  I’m posting this and doing a few other things online – Hanna’s playing and watching Elmo’s World – not much else going on. 

A few plans for the rest of the week… Caty has a playdate after school tomorrow; Scott’s Open House is Wednesday night but he said for the girls and I to not bother coming down; Thursday we have a genetics counseling student coming over for our last get-together.  Ericka (our genetics counselor) came to me back in August or September asking if we’d help out someone going through the program.  We’ve met with Nicole twice and this will be our meeting.  I sure hope that we’ve helped her out during the past 8/9 months;  Scott’s got a 4 day weekend – before everyone says something – he’s off on Friday for a furlough day – BOO!!  Sometime over the weekend we’ve got to head to my parents to pick up their car so we can drop it off at the airport next Thursday when they return from Maui. 

A picture that I am sharing...

Caty got a Crayola Kids Camera from my parents for her birthday and here’s her self-portrait pic

054

1 comments:

Greene Family said...

Beautiful self-portrait, Caty!! I've been looking at getting Simon a camera for his birthday in hopes to keep him from trying to get a hold of mine so much. :)
That's wonderful that you've been able to work with/help a genetics counseling student!
Bummer about Scott's furlough day, but hopefully you guys had a nice weekend!
Ahhh - to be in Maui!! :) I'm sitting her looking at my little bit of Maui (flowers from our anniversary) . . . think they only have another day or two left in them.

Post a Comment