Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

LPA Fundraiser

It's been over 2 months now since the LPA Fundraiser that I hosted. What an amazing event it was and I am so excited to say that there will be a 2nd annual sometime next summer.  

I wasn't sure what to expect for a turnout but when I got the final number I was in shock.  We had 234 friends, family and people we didn't even know attend.   My best friend Michelle (whom I've known since we were 3) and her boyfriend Josh came, Caitlyn's Kindergarten teacher as well as 2 of her classmates came, a few ladies that I used to work with came...that's just the beginning of the list.  AMAZING!!!

I'm pleased to say that the fundraiser helped raise over $1700 for the San Joaquin Valley Chapter of LPA.  

Our photographer Rachel Cameron took so many pictures plus the pictures that a few friends sent me I just couldn't post all of them on here so I created a video set to Jason Aldeans "My Kinda Party" and that it was!!  A party that I will never forget.

Thank you to Chris, Dwight, Aaron, Joey and Nikko for putting on an incredible show.  Love you guys!!!  And to Stoney Inn for hosting us and supplying us with a delicious spaghetti dinner.  

Until next year....


1 comments:

Unknown said...

What an amazing event! Kudos to you Jaime for putting it all together. It looks like a blast! I really may have to consider attending next year's party...still got that air mattress?? Lol!

Post a Comment