Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Simple Woman’s Daybook – January 9th 2012

For today – January 9th 2012

Outside my window… the sun is shining and it’s warming up – was a chilly 32* this morning but it’s supposed to get into the low 60’s this afternoon. 

I am thinking… about nothing in particular.

I am thankful for… the fact that Hanna is 75% potty trained.  She had no interest in going on her own until just this past week.  We were driving home from dropping my parents off at the airport and she announced that she had to go potty.  I told her that she was going to have to wait until we got home and she did.  Walked right in and went.  She’s been in pull-ups and big girl panties since and stayed dry most of the time.  Caty was easy but Hanna is definitely easier – might have something to do with being able to get her pants on and off by herself.  YAY HANNA!!

In the kitchen…   LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!  And there’s meat cooking in the crock pot for tacos tonight…mmm!!!

I am wearing… jeans and my Chico State sweatshirt – can’t believe that 'I’ve had this sweatshirt since my freshman year there, which was a LONG time ago (started my freshman year almost 18 years ago – I’M OLD!!)

I am creating… some more blog posts – have more catching up to do after my 2 week hiatus during Xmas break.

I am going to… become a Girl Scout leader so Caty can be in Girl Scouts. 

I am reading… nothing right now, haven’t started a new book yet.  Thinking of re-reading the Twilight series before Breaking Dawn Part 1 comes out in a month. 

I am hoping… that the sun keeps on shining!

I am hearing…Hanna playing with her kitchen and cooking some food for her green bear. 

Around the house… not much going on….Hanna’s playing, I’m trying to catch up on my blogs…Jinx is sleeping in the warm sunshine.

A few plans for the rest of the week… Girl Scout leader meeting tomorrow morning, not much going on the rest of the week, at least nothing planned as of right now. 

A picture that I’m sharing…  Helping make some salt dough ornaments that we used as our place settings for Christmas dinner – unfortunately I didn’t get any pictures of the finished products.  They sure were cute though!

001

0 comments:

Post a Comment