Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

LPA Holiday Parties….

Our LPA Chapter’s holiday party is one of our biggest events each year – it’s always a fabulous time with friends.

We’re ready to go

 002

Getting some help from Flat Stanley

004

Hai and Jude posing

008

Hanna working on a snowman

 010

Caty and Mary

011

Santa came!!

013

Bradley getting his present

 015

Caty getting hers

 018

Hanna telling Santa that she wants a scooter for Christmas

 020

Caty, Hanna and Josie

036

Caty and Aidan

037

My friend Rachel (of Rachel Cameron Photography) came to the event was available to take family pictures…turned out that it was a great idea to have her there – she got some great pictures!

46 49 Untitled-2

Now if you noticed from my title, I said PARTIES….

The Bay Area LPA Chapter was having their Holiday Party on Sunday December 11th and it just so happened that my cousin’s holiday party was on the 10th so Caty and I spent the night at my aunts house.  Growing up in the Bay Area and now living only about an hour and half from parts of the Bay Area, allows up to visit (although since my parents moved, we have only been back a couple of times). 

We had a quick get together in the morning with a childhood friend of mine, Juan, and his wife Elaine.  Then headed to Moraga were the LPA Party was taking place.  It took quite a bit longer to get there than my phone told me it would – took over 45 minutes, not the 30 that it said, Oh well….we were fashionably late.  Caty was excited to see her friends Jos and Airah.

Santa showed up on a firetruck

 001

Waiting patiently

003

Getting her present from Santa

 006 008

Patiently waiting AGAIN

009

Jos got her present

 011

As did Airah

 016

The girls

018 

Tearing into their gifts

019

Caty got a water bottle that she could color herself – great gift Santa!!

020

This was the first time that we had ever attending an event hosted by the Bay Area chapter (except for a regional) however we know several of the families.  And our District Director was in attendance and came up to me and asked “are you THE Jaime Murphy?”  I guess I should feel privileged he knew me and that I’m that well known.  We had a great time and hope to join in again soon. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment