Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Simple Woman’s Daybook – March 25th

FOR TODAY – March 25th (even though the week is halfway over)


Outside my window...  the birds are looking for food in the bird feeder – I guess maybe we’ll fill it up later today


I am thinking...  that my babies are growing up way too fast!  I registered Caty for Kindergarten this morning.  And Hanna started crawling a few days ago.  Where does the time go?


I am thankful for...   the fact that my dad is coming up this weekend to help Scott tile our bathroom floor – the vanity section has had carpet and the other part has old linoleum.  The girls and I are heading to my parents Saturday afternoon, while my dad heads up here.  That way we can put the blow-up bed in Caty’s room so my dad can sleep in there.  Looking forward to getting this tile in.


From the kitchen...  there are plenty of dishes to get washed.  Maybe after I’m done with this blog.


I am wearing...  jean capris and a t-shirt – nothing special.


I am creating...  nothing, since Caty’s birthday party is over and done with – blog to follow soon.


I am going... 


I am reading...  information on my new DROID phone – it’s quite awesome I must say!


I am hoping...  that Hanna takes a decent nap, so I can get my list of things done – this blog, blog about Caty’s birthday, the dishes in the kitchen….the list goes on and on. 


I am hearing...  Caty playing her Leapster that she got from my parents for her birthday – she’s loving it. 


Around the house...  are even more toys than last week, thanks to all of Caty’s wonderful friends!


One of my favorite things...  is watching the girls accomplish new things – Hanna’s crawling and Caty learning to roller skate. 


A few plans for the rest of the week:  Dropped off the Kindergarten registration packet today, tomorrow a trip to the grocery store to stock up on food for the weekend for Scott and my dad.  Friday we have no plans.  Saturday we’ve got our LPA Easter Event from 11-2ish, then the girls are and I are heading to my parents.  Sunday, we’re going to Happy Hollow with my mom, while there is an Open House going on at their house. 


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

170

1 comments:

Greene Family said...

Wow - Caty is signed up for kindergarten and Hanna is crawling!! Time sure does fly!
How nice that your dad is always helping out with projects! I'm always thankful for my stepdad helping us out with projects too!
We almost bought the DROID phones last weekend, but we don't have a need for the data package that you have to get with it, so we went with simpler phones. Those phones are awesome though!
I bet the LPA Easter Event was a lot of fun! I should recommend that our Chapter have one next year at our next meeting (we don't have any meetings/events during winter months).

Post a Comment