Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Simple Woman’s Daybook – March 15th

FOR TODAY – March 15th


Outside my window...  The sun is shining and the birds are singing – YAY FOR SPRING!!


I am thinking...  About all of the things I need to get done for Caty’s 5th Birthday Party that is this coming Saturday. 


I am thankful for...  Kleenex – seems like everyone’s noses are running today. 


From the kitchen...  I can smell (well kind of through my stuffy nose) the coffee that’s in the pot.


I am wearing...  Jean capris and my Chico State Sweatshirt – love my sweatshirt – I’ve had it for probably 15 years now – It’s my lounging around, not doing much sweatshirt. 


I am creating...  Polka dots to hang all over the wall for Caty’s Polka Dot Party.


I am going...  to take Hanna out for a walk if she wakes up before we need to pick up Caty from preschool.


I am reading...  some magazine’s – still haven’t started a  new book after deciding during last weeks post that I was going to put the boring book down and try something else. 


I am hoping...  that Kathleen is doing okay and keeping her baby boy inside for a few more weeks.  Kat is currently 31 weeks pregnant and in the hospital because she’s been having contractions (which she hasn’t been able to feel) and is starting to dilate.  Kat’s first child, Bella, was born at 29 weeks, so baby boy is doing a little better than big sis did.  Kat’s been on strict bed rest for the past few weeks, but they have decided to keep her in the hospital until baby is born. 


I am hearing...  Caty’s tennis shoes bouncing around in the dryer – they sure are loud!  And now Hanna who has decided that she didn’t want to take a nap this morning – only about 15 minutes.  Looks like we can head out for that walk now.


Around the house... are toys, toys, everywhere! 


One of my favorite things...  was seeing tulips this morning at Caty’s school.  I love tulips and should plant some here for us. 


A few plans for the rest of the week:  Caty’s had speech this afternoon.  I’ve got Bunco tonight – YAY!!.  Tomorrow we are having lunch with a friend and her daughter.  Wednesday is preschool and Caty’s special day.  Thursday we’ll be cleaning the house from top to bottom.  Friday is Caty’s 5th birthday and also her annual checkup at the Skeletal Dysplasia Clinic, which has now moved from Oakland (which was a 1.5 hour drive) to Roseville (which is about 15 minutes away).  Scott’s mom and sister will be flying up from Southern CA on Thursday and coming over Friday morning to watch Hanna while we’re at Caty’s appointment.  My parents will be coming up in the afternoon.  A pizza party for dinner and then Saturday is the big birthday party day!  Sunday will be a day to relax after this busy, crazy week!


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

065

3 comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

We're doing polka dots for Caden's birthday too! Yeah for Spring and Tulips!

Kim said...

I love this post. It was peaceful for me to read. Really nicely done. Wishing you a great week and I cannot wait to see pics from Caty's party! Good luck with her appointment!

Greene Family said...

Yay for spring! I love tulips too, and I was just telling Melissa S. this morning that I need to plant some!
How cute - a polka dot themed birthday party! I bet Caty had a blast at her party! Can't wait to see pictures!
We'll keep your friend Kat in our thoughts and prayers!
I hope Caty's appointment went well! What a busy week! Hopefully, you guys got some rest yesterday!

Post a Comment