Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Friday, May 29, 2009

My New Niece, Riley Conklin

They say that when one door closes another one opens, well just 3 days after losing my Uncle Barry to Pancreatic Cancer, my sister-in-law gave birth to my niece Riley. Riley was born on Monday, May 11th at 7:34 AM weighing in at 6 lbs 4 oz. Erin was lucky enough to only have a 7.5 hour labor – I can only hope!! Considering my labor with Caitlyn was 18 hours and 3 of those hours were spent pushing, then she was delivered by c-section, I’m hoping this time around it will be a little easier or at least quicker. Anyways, back to Riley….

She’s doing well. My parents are down in San Diego visiting right now and heading home on Wednesday, so they can be back here for when I go into labor.

Erin’s mom, Karen, painted Riley’s room and it looks amazing! Todd didn’t want anything too girly, so they went with Bumblebees. I can’t wait to see it in person but I’ll have to settle for pictures for now.


Here are some of the pictures that I have received from Erin as well as my parents. What a cutie she is. We’ll unfortunately have to wait until Labor Day weekend to meet her in person. We’re planning on all heading to the family cabin for that weekend. Can’t wait!




Home from the hospital and meeting Buddah for the first time

Meeting Puma

I'm ready, where are we going?



I can't believe my "little" brother is a Daddy!

3 comments:

Greene Family said...

Congrats to your family!! Riley is so adorable! I love the sweet pictures of her with her mommy and daddy! Her room does look amazing!
I can imagine how excited you are for Hanna to arrive now! I hope the delivery goes smoothly and quickly for you!
Looking forward to seeing pictures when you all get together Labor Day weekend!

Unknown said...

She is a sweetie! What a wonderful addition to an already completely adorable family!

Destini said...

I was planning to bulk comment at the end, but little Riley is just too precious! I love her room, what a talented person Erin's mother is! How much fun are all the little girls going to have growing up together!

Post a Comment