Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Losing My Uncle Barry

My Uncle Barry was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in March of 2008. He fought the disease for over 13 months but lost his battle on Friday, May 8th. He was a remarkable guy with a wicked sense of humor. His nickname was Bear and he gave the biggest hugs you could find! I think that my back cracked every time I got a bear hug! We will miss him dearly, but we know that he is looking down on us.

Love you Uncle Barry!

Uncle Barry, Aunt Claudia and myself, Thanksgiving 2002


Holding Caitlyn for the first time

Playing horseshoes at the family cabin




Uncle Barry with Todd and Erin on their wedding day - June 14th, 2008, 3 months after being diagnosed



Uncle Barry with his granddaughter, Ella, who was born in January

1 comments:

Greene Family said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. You can tell from the pictures that he was a lovable man - sweet pictures, especially with the kids.

Post a Comment