Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Thanksgiving+Snow= Fun times!

Wow that it’s almost Christmas I figured that I better get this post up!
For Thanksgiving this year we traveled up to my family’s cabin, which is in Pinecrest, CA.  In my 33 years, we’ve never spent a holiday at the cabin, EVER!!  I KNOW!!  We met my parents along with my brother Todd, his wife Erin and my niece Riley up there.  We venture out on Wednesday and because we left early enough we hit no traffic.  Before we left we let Caitlyn know that there might be some snow.  We weren’t sure, but were hoping.  About 30 minutes from the cabin, while passing through Sonora, the questions about the snow started.  “When is there going to be snow?”  “How much snow is there going to be?”  “Can I play in it?”  You get my drift.  Finally she saw the first bit of snow.  “I SEE SNOW!!”  Over and over again, at each new patch of snow that she saw, ALL THE WAY TO THE CABIN.  That was a long 30 minute drive. 
We pulled into the driveway just after noon and beat my parents by about 5 minutes – good timing. 
We had a blast playing in the little amount of snow there was.  Caitlyn was in awe!  I just wish that she could have seen more snow, but she didn’t care.  She got to make a really pathetic looking snowman and a snow angel that you had to use a lot of imagination to see.  We’re planning on going back up in February and I know that we’ll definitely have more then. 
    017 018 019 022 023 026
027 028 030 032 033 068 070 072 074 075 077 078 080 082 085 086 088 092 094 096 100
128
130

129
127
DSC_2962 DSC_2969(2) DSC_2862 DSC_2955
We won’t be seeing my brother and his family at Christmas, so the kids exchanged presents.  Caitlyn was super excited about her piggy bank that keeps track of her money as she puts it in.   To date she has just about $40 in change!!  I told her we’ll cash it in before Nashville and she can either take me to dinner :) or buy herself something while we’re there. 
045 047 048 049 050
065
052 054 061
Of course we had to get pictures of the girls together.  I wish that we lived closer to Todd, Erin and Riley so we could see each other more often than we do.  I have a feeling that it will be quite awhile until we see them again.  Until then we’ll have to be satisfied with these pictures.
 103 106 109 110
124
I should be getting some other pictures from my mom this weekend, so I’ll probably do another post with more pictures!  You love seeing pictures of my girls, right? :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course we love seeing pics of these gorgeous girls!! Caty is so cute making her snow angel! It's adorable how excited she is about the snow...a true California girl! What a wonderful holiday with your family, looks like you had so much fun!

Laura Wolf said...

Adorable are your pink bundles! Love the pictures of the girls. It was Caty's little patch of snow heaven. She did such a great job with her snow angel and snowgirl. Looked like a wonderful time at the cabin!

Destini said...

Can't wait to see more pictures of the girls! You got some really great shots, love the picture of the girls with your parents! So glad Caty got to play in the snow, even if it was only a little bit! I can't believe how big Riley and Hannah are getting either!!!

Kim said...

Ok so I am dying laughing over here because Caty in the car with the questions is IDENTICAL to a certain someone who is singing instead of sleeping upstairs. Look out Nashville-either they will love each other or spend the week shouting over each other!
As for your pictures-GORGEOUS. The mountains are beautiful. I cannot believe you have never spent a holiday at the cabin. The girls are just beautiful! Glad your Thanksgiving was a blast and can you believe it is only 10 days until Christmas?

Greene Family said...

Definitely love seeing pictures of your adorable girls! Those are beautiful pictures you posted and Caty's video is cute as ever! I love watching her make a snow angel, but the best part was when she said "snowball fight!" Caty's excitement is contagious! I can't believe how much Hannah and Riley have grown! All three girls are absolutely beautiful! You can tell that they have very proud grandparents too! It looks like you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anthea said...

Just loving these photos - and that video of Caty is just adorable! It almost makes me miss the snow.....almost!

Just wanted to stop by and say Merry Christmas from the crew here (who were sweltering in the heat today). We hope you have a great one and that the year ahead is filled with lots more fun and laughter.

Merry Christmas.

Melissa Swartley said...

So absolutely stinkin' cute!!! Of course we love seeing photo's of your cuties!!! Who wouldn't?! Glad you had a great time! If it makes you feel better, I have only stayed in a cabin once during a holiday and I live an hour away from the mountains! Everyone here in our area goes to the mountains frequently! My aunt even owns a place up there! LOL! I had to laugh when you said pathetic snowman! We had about 4 inches, plenty to make an adequate snowman, but my girls made one that consisted of 3 snowballs (the throwing kind)! Zoe said it was too much work to make a big one! Haha! Very cool bank! We have one for Akela, but she is no where near $40! Go Caty! Happy holidays to you all! I can't wait to see more pics! :)

Caden and Mommy said...

I hear ya on Caty in the car ... our three hour drive home today seemed like FOREVER... Caden had A LOT to say! What a fun place to spend family time. The pictures are ADORABLE! I'm glad there was snow there for Caty ... I would have been afraid to hear what she would have done if there was no snow.

Post a Comment