Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Simple Woman’s Daybook – June 20th 2011

For today – June 20th 2011

Outside my window...  the sun is shining and it’s HOT!!  Supposed to be 97* today

I am thankful for... air conditioning – gonna be a hot one!

I am wearing... shorts and a tank top

I am creating... nothing yet but needing to do a new background for the blog – it’s no longer springtime – bring on summer!

I am going to… finish on here and then read the book below.

I am reading... My Sister’s Voice by Mary Carter – so far so good

I am hoping... that Hanna isn’t too grumpy this afternoon since she’s not taking a nap

I am hearing... not much: Caty is in her room reading, Hanna is sitting in her Dora chair sucking her thumb and Scott is watching golf.

Around the house...  see above

A few plans for the rest of the week…  Heading out to Barnes and Noble this afternoon, nothing tomorrow, Wednesday we’ve got to head to the airport to pick up my parents car – yes they are leaving again…this time they are heading out of the country for a Baltic Cruise – starting in Copenhagen Denmark and hitting Warnemunde Germany, Stockholm Sweden, Helsinki Finland, St Petersburg Russia, Tallinn Estonia, Aarhus Denmakr, Oslo Norway and back to Copenhagen – sure wish they could pack me in their suitcase.  Sounds like a fabulous vacation.  Thursday night I’m heading out to hear the Chris Gardner Band play.  Friday we might meet some friends at the park.  Not much over the week but will need to start thinking about packing for ANAHEIM!!!!!

A picture that I am sharing...  our new family picture

064

2 comments:

Greene Family said...

Love your new family photo - beautiful!!
WOW - what a fabulous vacation that must have been for your parents! Wish they could have packed me in their suitcase too! :)
I can't wait to read all of your Anaheim posts, as I'm sure there will be multiple posts, and see all of the cute pictures! :) We sure missed seeing you guys this summer!!
Are you planning on going to Dallas next year? Jason doesn't have an interest in going next year, especially since we will definitely be going to DC in 2013, but I'm thinking of possibly flying to Dallas for a couple of days with Simon next summer.
Love you guys!!

Greene Family said...

BTW - Your new background is so cute!

Post a Comment