Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Leading Up To Christmas

Alright, so I know that I've REALLY slacked on updating my blog, but we've just been so busy lately. And being pregnant doesn't help much either - I'd rather be curled up in the living room, resting, than on here. But today is a new day - Caty is back at preschool - YIPPEE!!! So I've got some free time (which I've had over the past 2 weeks with Scott home, but this is UNINTERRUPTED free time) so I thought that I'd better get to work.

Just a few days before Christmas our leaves finally decided to all fall of the trees, so Scott and Caty did a massive amount of raking. Okay, so Scott did the raking and Caty playing in the leaves.

Helping out with the leaves
Going for a swim in them
Look how many I can hold!
Throwing them!



This is what happened after the leaves; crashed on the couch for naptime

On December 23rd Caty had a doctors appointment to recheck her ears, which about a month ago, had some fluid built up. So we had our appointment at Kaiser, and afterwards we "were" planning on heading to the mall to visit with Santa. However, luckily during her appointment a nurse came in and said Santa was in the lobby. We headed out to see him and thank goodness I had my camera with me. He even passed out presents to the kids - Caty got a Barbie Beach Car and a little penguin. This was so great because now we didn't have to head to the mall, wait over an hour in line, pay $20 to sit on his lap for 2 seconds and get a candy cane!!

Caty and Santa with her penguin
Caty getting her Barbie Beach Car

We were invited over to some friends house for dinner and cookie making. Here are Caty and Lauren decorating their cookies for Santa.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I love the pictures with the leaves! I grew up in NJ and always played in the leaves every fall...how I wish my girls could get to do that! That's awesome about Santa...and to get a gift too! Perfect! I look forward to seeing more posts!

Catie said...

Adorable! My kids loved helping "rake the leaves" as well. Also, how awesome that Santa was there! Saved you some time and money, can't get any better than that!

Sarah said...

Love the pictures. Caty is such a doll! I love her hair! The leaves are a blast. We live in a new neighborhood with very few trees so even though we live in Michigan they haven't done that yet. How cool Santa was at the docs with gifts!! Can't wait to read more :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the photos of her in the leaves! Also, how lucky is she to get presents from Santa early! Congratulations on your pregnancy -- I hope you get some much-needed rest now that the holiday are over.

Unknown said...

She is so cute playing in all those leaves. Kids just love them. Cheap thrill!!

Post a Comment