Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Simple Woman’s Daybook – April 4th 2011

For today – April 4th 2011

Outside my window...  the sun is shining and the birds are chirping – could winter really be gone for good?  I sure hope so!

I am thinking... about how there are only 88 days left until we head to Anaheim for the LPA National Convention!!!!  YAY!!!!

I am thankful for... those friends that offered to take Caty this morning.  if you missed my Facebook status from this morning it said - “Anyone want a 6 year old for the day?  She comes free and includes a really bad attitude.” 

I am wearing... my Chico State sweatshirt and exercise capris – heading out for a walk before picking Caty up at school. 

I am creating...   not much – have been working on the flier for the LPA Fundraiser, but it’s pretty much done.  It’s almost time to start passing it out!!

I am going to… WIN AT BUNCO TONIGHT!! 

I am reading... nothing, still haven’t started a book yet

I am hoping... for a win tonight!

I am hearing... Hanna playing with her doll house – she loves that thing!!

Around the house...  not much going on…pretty boring Monday morning. 

A few plans for the rest of the week…  tonight the girls and I are heading to Bunco.  Scott’s got a tennis match so I get to bring them with my – hope they behave.  It should be interesting because we don’t have to be there until 6:30.  Caty heads to bed at 7:45 and Hanna around 8:00 – so they will be up WAY past their bedtimes.  Thursday night, I’m heading out to hear my favorite local band play.  They are playing at Stoney’s Rockin Rodeo, which is the place we’ll be having the fundraiser at.  A few of my LPA friends will be joining me so they can hear the band and see Stoney’s in action – always a good time!!  Caty’s kindergarten class is having a Hoedown Friday morning – she’s excited to wear her cowgirl clothes and maybe even her boots (we’ll try them on and see how they look with her jeans and plaid shirt) – although they are still quite big and I wouldn’t want her tripping over her own feet.  Saturday, the Chase family, is hosting an Easter event for our LPA chapter.  Last year we had a great time, complete with a visit from the Easter bunny and an egg hunt. 

A picture that I am sharing... Hanna and her doll house. 

097

1 comments:

Greene Family said...

Hanna looks so cute playing with her doll house!
I'm sad that we won't get to see you guys this summer! You can send Caty to visit any time though!!
I hope you won at Bunco and that the girls did well staying up so late!
It is always great to hear about all of the fun events that your LPA chapter does!

Post a Comment