Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween!

 

Halloween has come and gone, yet again.  We had a great day, but a busy one. 

It started off by the girls opening a present that their Great Aunt Barbara and Great Uncle Bill sent them.  Hanna loved her pumpkin socks so much that she wanted to eat them and Caty had a blast making her bead necklace. 

008 010 037

A few days before Halloween, during a rare nap from Hanna, Caty and I spent some time in the backyard carving our pumpkin.  She wanted no part in the pumpkin goo so only one pumpkin got carved.  Thank goodness for Mr Potato Head Pumpkin kits.  We made out with a great looking witch. 

017 018 019

Costume time!

My sweet angel!

020 028

033

024

My very own princess 027 

And when the princess costume came off this is what she turned into!  AHHH!!!!  046

Now onto our LPA Halloween Party.

DSC_0005

 002

A parade of costumes 004

Caty and Aidan posing 010

Getting ready for the pumpkin roll 016

Roll those pumpkins! 017

Chalk time 029

My little pumpkin 031

The party was held at a great community center which has a wonderful park.  The weather has been so incredibly nice; we’re very lucky! 033 034 035

And now it’s trick or treat time! 

036 038

039

10 comments:

The Wymers said...

Love all the pics, Kylie would totally love Caty's princess outfit! Our girls weren't too hip to the pumpkin goo either which was a bummer because that meant I had to separate all the seeds (I was hoping on having some help this year!). Yeah for LPA Halloween Parties, our chapter didn't have one and I'm still a little bummed!

Caden and Mommy said...

What great pictures! Miss Caty is looking so grown up ~ her smile is infectious. The girls costumes are adorable ... I like you header ;0)

Destini said...

What cute pictures! At least you carved pumpkins, I have fake ones!

Destini said...

What cute pictures! At least you carved pumpkins, I have fake ones!

Melissa Swartley said...

Awww! Glad to see you all had a great time! I love the girls costumes! So pretty! Looks like Caty had a fun time trick or treating! Happy Halloween!

Greene Family said...

Adorable pictures!! Caty and Hanna are beautiful, and I love their costumes! You're header is so cute too! It looks like you guys had a fun Halloween!

Unknown said...

What adorable Halloween pictures! it is so cute seeing Caty through the years in your header. Both girls looked so sweet in their costumes!

Kim said...

Very precious pictures. I will have to get those Mr. Potato Head parts next year. Very cool! Caty is such a cutie pie. I just love every picture of her. Her personality is just stellar and shines through all the time. I really love your new blog header with Caty Halloween through the years. What a treat. Hanna is a little angel. Oh she is so sweet in that orange cap! Just want to eat her up! Love the pic of the future prom dates-Caty and Aidan.

Kasia and Amelia said...

I love the pictures and the artistic costumes! Looks like kids had a lot of fun! I love Halloween!

Rosie said...

awwwww, the girls are just too cute. looks like the girls had a great time at the lpa halloween party..

Post a Comment