Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Psycho Kitty

Doesn’t this kitty look like such a sweet little thing?  Well, that’s what we thought too.  She’d come around the backyard and want to be pet.  She’d meow and the girls loved watching and listening for her. 

055

Then the unexpected happened…..

One night she stayed at the back door for hours, meowing away.  We went to bed around 11 and she was still meowing.  I got up with Hanna sometime around 1ish and she was still at the back door meowing.  Unfortunately our bedroom is right off the living room so we could hear her ALL THE TIME! 

Then around 5:00 Caty came to our door, pounding away – we sleep with the doors closed or else Jinx would bother us during the night.  Caty was crying and when we opened the door and asked what was wrong, she said “white kitty is in the house!”  We said “what?” and she repeated it.  Sure enough the cat was running around the house.  We thought “what the hell? how’s she get in?”  Scott asked me if the garage was maybe open (and then she used the pet door from the garage to the house) – nope.  Was the door from the side yard to the garage open – nope.  I put Caty in our room and shut the door.  We turned the light on so we could see and this is what we saw (ok so the picture was obviously taken in the morning) but still!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  The damn cat broke into our house!!!!!!!  She pried the whole frame off! 

054 

We literally chased her around the living room, she was trying to climb the walls and the window.  Scott finally caught her and threw her out the window.  We thought for sure that we wouldn’t be seeing her again, but nope, she’s been back.  We’ve tried spraying her with water, shaking loud things are her.  Nothing.  She still kept coming back.  We’ve kept it up though and have seen less and less of her. 

Never expected that when we saw that cute face! 

3 comments:

The Wymers said...

Okay, I know this isn't funny at all - but I was totally laughing. Makes me glad we have dogs! :o)

Good luck keeping the Psycho Kitty out of the house!

Caden and Mommy said...

Oh my goodness, I cant even believe that cat ripped the door frame off! Crazy! Good Luck getting rid of him. Uck :0(

Greene Family said...

Oh my gosh! That is a psycho cat - can't believe it ripped the frame off! I hope he is gone now!
I'm sorry to say that I was laughing when reading about you guys chasing the cat around the living room in the middle of the night and it climbing the walls. I had a little bit of a similar experience in college . . . I was at my parents' house, and in the middle of the night, I saw something that looked like a bat run across my dresser. I jumped out of bed and then it ran across my pillows. Skipping to the end . . . my stepdad smashed it under a broom and put it in a bucket . . . it was a flying squirrel that had flown in my window apparently before I shut it at the end of the day. The squirrel was ok and released back outside after we knew it was ok. A night that I'll probably never forget though. :)

Post a Comment