This is one of our favorites around our house. It’s a recipe that my mom made while we were growing up and it’s now one that we make often.
Chicken Stuffed Rolls
- we make 6 rolls and this is enough for the 3 of us for dinner and some for lunch the next day. I usually eat 1, maybe 1 1/2, Scott will eat 2 and Caty the other half of mine.
- 1 –1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken depending on size of family (I use about 8 chicken tenderloins for the 3 of us)
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 3 TBS butter – divided in half: 1.5 TBS softened & 1.5 TBS melted
- 3 TBS milk
- 2 packages Crescent Rolls
- Seasoned bread crumbs for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Boil the chicken and when cooked through, shred.
Combine shredded chicken, softened cream cheese, 1.5 TBS butter and milk.
To assemble: each package of crescent rolls will make 4 rolls. Open up package and separate the dough into 4 rectangles (I only showed 2). You’ll need to press the seam together and spread out the dough to make it a little larger.
Place a heaping 1/4 cup scoop onto each rectangle.
Fold all corners and sides to the center, pressing the dough together slightly so it sticks.
Place on baking sheet and drizzle 1.5 TBS melted butter evenly among the rolls. Sprinkle bread crumbs over each roll.
Bake for about 20 minutes.