Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook - August 13th 2012

I'M BACK!!!! - Caitlyn is back in school so hopefully I'll be better about blogging!


For today – August 13, 2012

Outside my window… the sun is shining and it's gonna be another hot one today!!

I am thankful for… the fact that school started back up.  Caty was getting so bored with being home.  She kept saying "I wish school was starting"....well thankfully it has!

In the kitchen… nothing much going on in there.  The coffee pot is on and is waiting for me to finish this post so I can pour some.

I am wearing… shorts and a tank-top

I am creating… some blog posts (in my head).  Didn’t do too much blogging this summer – have lots to catch up on

I am going to… try and stay cool today and tomorrow and the next day...100* weather predicted for the next couple of days.  We've already had something like 5 days of 100* weather - ready for this HOT streak to be over with!

I am reading… Just about to start Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - I've heard it's really good

I am hoping… to catch up on blogs soon!

I am hearing…Super Why in the background.  That's about it....Hanna is watching that and baby Cameron is sleeping

Around the house… Hanna is watching her show, Cameron is snoozing and it’s pretty quiet this morning

A few plans for the rest of the week…Caty - school, school, school, school, and school.  Tomorrow Hanna's preschool starts with a child/parents day and Scott is going to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Wednesday night is Back To School Night at Caty's school.  Not much besides the regular routine on Thursday and Friday.  Maybe swimming on Saturday at some friends and Sunday night my favorite local country band is playing a Concert in the Park.  Caty, Hanna and I will go and meet up with lots of friends.  

A picture that I’m sharing…

A picture of each of the girls during swim lessons at my parents house.  They did great!  Check out Caty's form!!!  DAAA here she comes (well in 2014 in San Diego at least)




0 comments:

Post a Comment