Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! We hope to share with you our journey of raising a child with Achondroplasia, the most common type of dwarfism. If this is your first time here, please start by reading Caitlyn's Story. It will share the beginning of her life with you. Enjoy!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Recipe of the Week - Chicken, Rice & Broccoli Casserole

Chicken, Rice & Broccoli Casserole

1 10 oz pkg frozen chopped broccoli (sometimes we use the florets, to have bigger pieces)
1 c. Minute Rice
1-2 c. chopped, cooked chicken (I just boil enough chicken tenderloins for the 3 of us, then chop)
1 c. milk
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 c chopped onion

Microwave the broccoli in a 2 qt dish. Cook on High for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, minus 1/2 the cheese. Microwave for 6 minutes. Stir and sprinkle remaining 1/2 c cheese on top. Cook another 5 minutes.

ps - you HAVE to use Minute Rice. We've tried it with long grain rice and it didn't work. I've also substituted frozen peas for the broccoli, as Caty isn't a fan! I can't remember but when I did this, I don't think that I cooked the peas for the 2 minutes, as all that cooking time, might have made them really mushy. I think I just added them in with all the ingredients.

It doesn't get much easier than this!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great recipe! I made it last night, Jud loved it! Thanks is was yummy and so easy to make. I am thinking Scott and Caty have one smart lady in the kitchen! Hugs!

Post a Comment